Tadahiro Uemura, MD
Dr. Uemura is a highly respected transplant surgeon specializing in liver, abdominal, kidney, and pancreas transplantation. With more than 20 years of experience, he performs state-of-the-art hepatobiliary surgery and minimally invasive laparoscopic liver and gall bladder surgery. He is Surgical Director of Liver Transplantation at Allegheny General Hospital.
Dr. Uemura earned his medical degree at the Okayama University Medical School and completed his surgical residency at Okayama University Hospital in Okayama, Japan. He completed these surgical and transplant fellowships:
- Surgical oncology, National Shikoku Center in Matsuyama, Japan
- Transplant surgery, Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami, Miami, Florida
- Transplant surgery, Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, Texas
- Visiting Clinical Fellow, Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Prior to joining AGH Liver and Transplantation, Dr. Uemura was surgical director of Pancreas Transplantation and surgical director of Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation at Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Pennsylvania State University, in Hershey, Pa.
During his career, Dr. Uemura wrote or co-authored more than 100 articles. He is a member of the American Society of Transplant Surgeons, International Liver Transplantation Society, Japanese Society of Surgery, and Japanese Society of Gastroenterology Surgery.
He has medical staff privileges at Allegheny General Hospital, Forbes Hospital, Jefferson Hospital and West Penn Hospital.
* This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Allegheny Health Network. Please note that modifying search criteria and/or author’s name may enhance search results.